Manage DDSN's sales and business growth efforts. Develop and administer strategy, training, and marketing projects for existing clients. Creative & challenging, working strategically with company principals. Work with a small, passionate, dedicated team of outstanding individuals. Join a company with an exciting client portfolio of large brands and SMEs.
We are a leading full service digital agency. In our seventeenth year of business, DDSN is one of the firms by which others are measured. We are AIMIA award winners, Eureka award winners, Omni award winners, Cannes Cyber Lions nominees, Telstra/AFR award finalists - a best of breed team.
We selectively work with some of the most exciting clients you can find on any list - an eclectic mix of large brands, government and non profit agencies, and small to medium enterprises. We have a strongly process driven approach to digital solutions design and development. Our team of outstanding individuals collaborates in a creative, friendly, fun, fast paced, and highly engaging work environment. We deliver beautiful, high tech, cleverly designed digital solutions in interesting ways.
We're looking for an experienced, energetic, strategically-minded, results oriented individual with a passion for enhancing clients' digital solutions and helping to drive digital strategies.
You will lead DDSN's sales department as well as enhancing the company's marketing strategies. You will seek out, establish, and grow relationships with new and existing customers.
You will sell web design and development projects, mobile apps, content management systems, hosting solutions, and integrated digital solutions. You will independently manage the sales process from finding a client and representing DDSN at the first meeting, through to analysing business and technology requirements and delivering a proposal or tender.
After closing a successful sale, you will continue to be involved with the customer while working with Project Directors and development staff to oversee and facilitate new opportunities. You will actively engage with each customer in an account management and support capacity to develop a pro-active and expanding working relationships. You will design and administer the delivery of training and product support programs to existing customers as part of an expanding customer engagement program.
You will be a key player in DDSN's marketing department. You will represent DDSN at networking and marketing events. You will aid in preparing (including writing) marketing materials for websites, email, magazines, newsletters, and boardroom presentations. You will attend trade shows and industry events. You might write white papers, you might deliver speeches or seminars at industry events.You will participate in social media networks, writing technology and digital communications oriented content designed to engage with existing and target customers. Once you've settled into the team, you'll champion the marketing and growth of our CMS platform and its associated partner program.
You will seek out and manage commercial opportunities for the company in areas that may not be primarily sales focussed - e.g. government funding opportunities, partnering opportunities, and alternative or diversified revenue streams.
You will have plenty of support from DDSN's senior staff and interaction with company principals at all times.
Sales is a critical part of the role but by no means all there is to it. You'll share the challenge of growing the company by becoming intimately involved with its business development and operations strategies, leading to new management and professional opportunities for yourself and those around you as the company grows.
Day to Day Role
- Generate, research and qualify new sales leads through company marketing strategies, establishing a network of contacts, and implementing lead generation processes
- Consult with clients to identify business and technology requirements
- Create proposals and tenders drawing on your own presentation skills and DDSN's top notch presentation framework and knowledge base
- Identify, research, and scope the project (while working with project stakeholders and development engineers), define budgets and methodology outlines
- Consult with the project stakeholders (our client, the project owners, their customers, and internal DDSN staff) on issues such as information architecture, technology, user experience, digital marketing, content management, content development, and visual presentation
- Support, prepare, and present user group seminars
- Help promote DDSN's websites in search engines, social media networks, and by linking with partners
- Write newsletters, articles, marketing documents, blog posts, social media content, and sales documents
- Manage and enhance DDSN's sales process from lead generation through to sales closure and project team handover
- Develop and administer the delivery of training and support programs to existing customers
- Work directly with DDSN's senior project manager and maintenance program manager in joint account management exercises
- Manage, report, and be accountable for an active sales pipeline and revenue generation using CRM software
- Work with projects ranging in value from $15,000 up to $250,000
- Manage growth of the company's marketing and sales strategies and resources
Who Are You?
- You have five or more years of experience in sales and marketing of digital agency services, web design or CMS projects
- You have proven success in managing and achieving sales or project based financial targets
- You're unflappable; confident and positive with clients and negotiating/closing deals
- You're an outstanding communicator
- You're strategicaly minded
- You have an excellent understanding of web development, design, usability, technology, marketing, and information architecture issues
- You can communicate effectively about design-based projects as well as technology-oriented, marketing, and consultancy projects
- You create outstanding business documents
- You're a good writer
- You're an excellent promoter
- You can talk directly to IT Managers, Marketing Managers, salespeople, engineers, designers, writers, businesspeople, customers, and you can translate language between all of them
- You understand jargon like "UX", "responsive design", "CMS", "digital strategy" and you can explain it in plain english to people who don't
- You're an enthusiastic customer advocate; you want to get involved with each client's business as though it's your own
- You have a fantastic attitude, and you love what you do
- Web production, design, programming, project management, or project delivery skills are an advantage
What's the Pay Like?
Remuneration for this position consists of a base salary with an added component of performance bonuses. Performance bonuses are triggered by the achievement of both personal and team goals, with a very strong focus on the team goals. The full package amount will depend on your experience, ability, and the value you generate in the role.
Applications are now closed.
DDSN does not consider applications submitted by recruitment agencies or any unsolicited approaches by recruitment agencies.