Lead the design of rich websites, exciting mobile apps, compelling content, and stunning web software. Work on a highly dynamic portfolio of clients including some of Australia's leading brands. The ideal candidate offers a unique blend of traditional design capabilities and user experience expertise.
We are a leading full service digital agency. In our fifteenth year of business, DDSN is one of the firms by which others are measured. We are AIMIA award winners, Eureka award winners, Omni award winners, Cannes Cyber Lions nominees, Telstra/AFR award finalists - a best of breed team.
Our base of operations is at the hub of the Internet industry in Australia (South Yarra, Melbourne) and we selectively work with some of the most exciting clients you can find on any list. We have a strongly process driven approach to digital solutions design and development. Our team of outstanding individuals collaborates in a creative, friendly, fun, fast paced, and highly engaging work environment.
We're looking for a passionate, experienced, technically savvy UX designer and digital creative leader who'll give every project of ours the shine it deserves.
You'll be responsible for the execution and delivery of all creative and UI design deliverables, both internally and to clients. You'll confidently articulate how the design solution answers user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets. You'll consult with our engineers and developers to assure the design solution is implemented with perfect attention to detail. You'll take on team leadership responsibilities in the oversight and mentoring of other experienced web designers (initially part time and contract staff, and other full time staff in the future).
You're well versed in typography, color theory, iconography, and aesthetics. You'll have plenty of experience in producing innovative presentations while working within the constraints of clearly defined brand guidelines. Strong business analysis and workflow knowledge is also required. You'll provide broad user experience strategy, visual and interaction design leadership, and user-centered design methodologies to deliver measurable satisfaction and performance improvements across DDSN's portfolio of web and mobile sites.
Consulting with clients from early stages of a project and all the way throughout the project lifecycle, you'll take the lead in defining - and sometimes selling - the design solution. Going much further than simply designing website home pages and content page layouts, you'll get deeply involved in the design and development of rich web based software UI's and mobile applications.
Having a keen focus on development of rich user experiences, you'll also be familiar with formal user-centred design techniques, accessibility, and evidence-based design procedures. You'll be a champion for the incorporation of these techniques into your projects.
Assisting clients with the generation and layout of rich web-based content is a prominent part of the role. You'll work collaboratively with clients on e-newsletters and rich website content including video and interactive interfaces on an on-going basis.
And you'll be excited by the opportunity to invigorate DDSN's own marketing and communications efforts.
Day to Day Role
- Work within a team made up of project managers, digital strategists, engineers and front end developers to deliver world-class experiences
- Lead the visual design effort for a range of new and existing clients
- Develop and communicate visual interface specifications through both verbal direction as well as physical assets such as site mockups, wireframes, storyboards, and interface layouts
- Estimate visual design work effort and define deliverables
- Present your design methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, clients and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop rich content presentations, e-newsletters, mobile friendly content
- More than 5 years professional experience with interaction and visual design for web based user interfaces
- A spectacular portfolio of website, web software, and mobile design work for a range of types of clients
- Advanced visual design skills in layout and composition, typography, color theory, and use of photography
- Broad leadership in web and mobile user experience
- Extensive command of user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills
- Advanced proficiency in industry tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Flash not required, but beneficial)
- Demonstrated track record of UX leadership and background in social media, mobile web, web and mobile applications
- A strong understanding of "designing" for web technologies including HTML/CSS, JQuery, Flash
- Commitment to grow and prosper in a small agency environment
- Advanced UX consultancy
- Adobe Flash
- 3D Studio Max
- Website programming and development (front or back end)
- Public speaking
- Other digital specialties
$75,000 - $85,000 depending on experience and capability.
Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Subscribe to our careers mailing list if you'd like to be informed of future job opportunities.
Please note that DDSN does not consider applications submitted by recruitment agencies or any unsolicited approaches by recruitment agencies.