Contribute to DDSN's sales and business growth efforts in this senior role. Develop and administer the sales strategy for new client acquisition in a technical space. Creative & challenging role, working strategically with company principals. Work remotely with a small, passionate, dedicated team of outstanding individuals. Join a company with an exciting client portfolio of large brands and SMEs and its own software - Acora launching as a SaaS product late in 2021.
We are a leading full service digital agency. In our seventeenth year of business, DDSN is one of the firms by which others are measured. We are AIMIA award winners, Eureka award winners, Omni award winners, Cannes Cyber Lions nominees, Telstra/AFR award finalists - a best of breed team.
We selectively work with some of the most exciting clients you can find on any list - an eclectic mix of large brands, government and non profit agencies, and small to medium enterprises. We have a strongly process driven approach to digital solutions design and development. Our team of outstanding individuals collaborates in a creative, friendly, fun, fast paced, and highly engaging work environment. We deliver beautiful, high tech, cleverly designed digital solutions in interesting ways. More importantly we act as a digital partner to our customers, forming and nurturing long term relationships to grow their company or organisation.
We're looking for an experienced, energetic, strategically-minded, results oriented individual with a passion for enhancing clients' digital solutions and helping to drive digital strategies.
You will be the heart of DDSN's sales department as well as enhancing the company's marketing strategies alongside the company principals. You will seek out, establish, and grow relationships with new customers.
You will sell web design and development projects, mobile app design and development projects, digital transformation projects, content management systems, hosting solutions, and integrated digital solutions. You will independently manage the sales process from finding a client and representing DDSN at the first meeting, then you will partner with the business prinicples to analyse business and technology requirements and deliver a proposal or tender.
You will be a key player in DDSN's marketing strategy, working with other specialists to align marketing efforts with sales objectives. You will represent DDSN at networking and marketing events. You may aid in preparing (including writing) marketing materials for websites, email, magazines, newsletters, and boardroom presentations from time to time. You will attend trade shows and industry events. You might write white papers, you might deliver speeches or seminars at industry events. You will participate in social media networks, posting on technology and digital communications aligned with marketing campaigns to engage target customers. Once you've settled into the team, you'll champion the marketing and growth of our CMS platform Acora as we relaunch this product for the SaaS market.
You will seek out and manage commercial opportunities for the company in areas that may not be primarily sales focussed - e.g. government funding opportunities, partnering opportunities, and alternative or diversified revenue streams.
You will have plenty of support from DDSN's senior staff and interaction with company principals at all times.
Sales is a critical part of the role but by no means all there is to it. You'll share the challenge of growing the company by becoming intimately involved with its business development and operations strategies, leading to new management and professional opportunities for yourself and those around you as the company grows.
Day to Day Role
- Generate, research and qualify new sales leads through company marketing & sales strategies, establishing a network of contacts, and implementing lead generation processes
- Deepen the information in our CRM and maintain its information at all times
- Consult with clients to identify business and technology requirements
- Partner with company principals to deliver proposals and tenders (we use proposify.io) and drawing on your own presentation skills to close sales opportunities
- Identify, research, and scope the project (while working with project stakeholders and development engineers), define budgets and methodology outlines
- Consult with the project stakeholders (our client, the project owners, their customers, and internal DDSN staff) on issues such as scope and needs including - information architecture, technology, website accessibility & user experience, digital marketing, content management, content development, and visual presentation
- Support, prepare, and present user group and trade show seminars
- Help promote DDSN's websites in search engines, social media networks, and by linking with partners
- Contribute to the preparation of marketing assets aligned with sales strategies - including newsletters, articles, marketing documents, blog posts, social media content, and sales documents
- Drive and enhance DDSN's sales process from lead generation through to sales closure and project team handover in partnership with company principals
- Work directly with DDSN's Portfolio and Innovation manager in joint account management sales exercises
- Manage, report, and be accountable for an active sales pipeline and revenue generation using CRM software
- Work with projects ranging in value from $4,000 up to $250,000 and drive our ongoing contracted services portfolio with each client after the initial sale
- Contribute strategically to the growth of the company's marketing and sales strategies and resources
Who Are You?
- You have three or more years of experience in sales in technical products or services
- It is an advantage for you to have direct experience in digital agency services, websites, mobile applications, CRM integrations, eCommerce or SaaS sales
- You have proven success in managing and achieving sales or project based financial targets
- You're personable, friendly, unflappable, confident and positive with clients and negotiating/closing deals
- You're an outstanding communicator
- You're strategicaly minded
- You have an excellent understanding of web development, mobile app development, design, usability, technology, marketing, accessibility OR information architecture issues (we know you can't
- You can communicate effectively about design-based projects as well as technology-oriented, marketing, and consultancy projects
- You create outstanding business documents
- You're a good writer
- You're an excellent promoter
- You can talk directly to IT Managers, Marketing Managers, salespeople, engineers, designers, writers, businesspeople, customers, and you can translate language between all of them
- It is an advantage for you to understand jargon like "UX", "responsive design", "CMS", "digital strategy" and you can explain it in plain english to people who don't
- You're an enthusiastic customer advocate; you want to get involved with each client's business as though it's your own
- You have a fantastic attitude, and you love what you do
- Web production, design, programming, project management, or project delivery skills are an advantage
What's the Pay Like?
Remuneration for this position consists of a base salary with an added component of performance bonuses. Performance bonuses are triggered by the achievement of both personal and team goals, with a very strong focus on the team goals. The full package amount will depend on your experience, ability, and the value you generate in the role.
DDSN does not consider applications submitted by recruitment agencies or any unsolicited approaches by recruitment agencies.