Advanced hosting with high end security and risk management services. Includes many of the features of a dedicated virtual serverat a lower price. This is our recommended starting point for serious websites.
DDSN.netPremium is especially designed for medium to high end websites (e.g. community websites, e-commerce websites, portals) with the following requirements:
- More serious amounts of traffic
- Optimised performance for advanced applications
- Advanced back end software and support
- Specialised monitoring and risk management services
- A lower budget than a dedicated virtual server
Maximum 4 Sites Per Server
A key element of the DDSN.netPremium service is the allocation of a maximum of four websites per server. This carefully managed assignment of resources assures the best possible balance of cost and performance for your website hosting system.
High Availability System
DDSN.netPremium hosting plans use Tier 1 servers residing within our high availability network. Your website will benefit from the following features of a Tier 1 server:
CPU Power Bursts on Demand
A standard allocation of CPU power is assigned to the hosting server. However during peak periods the server will automatically "burst" to use additional CPU resources from the network master servers.
Fast, Redundant Storage - Tier 1 SAN
Your website databases and files are stored in a Tier 1 Storage Area Network (SAN). That means maximum speed and complete redundancy for storage of your important website databases and files. Never be afraid of a hard disk hardware failure.
Each DDSN.netPremium server is assigned with a minimum of 2 Gb of fast RAM. Unlike other shared resources in the HA network, this RAM is dedicated to the operation of the DDSN.netPremium server and not shared with the network. Memory is added at no additional charge to you if or when it is needed by the server (up to 4 Gb).
Automatic Fail-over of Master Servers
In the case of a master network server becoming unavailable (e.g. during upgrade or maintenance periods, or the unlikely event of a server crash) a Tier 1 server will automatically switch to run on alternate master servers in the network. That means maximum availability of your website with no fear whatsoever of downtime due to hardware failure.
Our high availability network is protected by redundant firewalls that are managed with strict security policies. The DDSN.netPremium hosting plan allows installation of custom firewall rules, e.g. if your site is integrated with your intranet or other external applications.
Advanced Monitoring and Response
The DDSN.netPremium hosting plan includes 24x7 server and website monitoring. (Other shared hosting plans only include 24x7 server monitoring.) So whether it's a weekend or 3 a.m., expert engineers are notified by SMS and respond within guaranteed service levels if there are problems with the serveror with your website.
- ICMP monitoring to assure the server is always online
- DNS monitoring to assure your domain name is always available
- HTTP and HTTPS monitoring to assure the web server is always serving pages
- IIS application pool monitoring and automatic recycling to help assure your web site is not slowing down when the web server is under load
- Server memory and hard disk monitoring
- Critical web page monitors assure that important pages in your website are not only online, but serving the expected content. (If a website has application problems that are undetectable by other monitors, the critical web page monitor will alert the support team.) Up to 3 critical page monitors are included in the default service.
- Custom monitors available for specialised applications
Our primary goal is to keep your website running. So that means that if there are problems we'll get the site back online the fastest way possible. However we go further than that. Since we have access to advanced software engineers atDDSN Interactive, under the advanced support plan we take the time to review and understand the website that we're hosting for you. That means we can help with performance tuning and advanced analysis of bottlenecks and problems in your site, even to the point of improving code (where possible within the boundaries of the support plan).
Advanced Support Plan
We'll provide up to three hours of hosting related planning and support services per quarter at no extra charge. This time can be used for advanced support services that would normally be charged in addition to your hosting service, such as:
- A formal performance review of your website
- Advanced performance tweaking of your website
- Web server management - E.g. server tuning, SSL installation and management, domain name management
- Advanced analysis and response if problems occur with your website
Excess traffic costs apply if your website exceeds the outgoing transfer limit allowed as a standard part of your hosting package.
Increase the outbound traffic allowance for your hosting plan by pre-paying for additional allotments.
Pre-paid Traffic (Outbound)
$192.50 per 25 Gb block
$275 per 50 Gb block
A pre-paid block of data can be added to or removed from your account at any time by email request with one billing period's notice (i.e. to be applied to the next billing period after the current one)