Corporate web presence for one of Australia's largest water authorities. Critical data feeds (water allocations, rainfall, storage levels), e-communications tools, contractor management system, media portal, customer service forms, intranet and extranet sites.
The GMW website is a key resource for rural industry in the Goulburn Murray region. A dedicated digital services partner was required to design, build, and help maintain the content rich web presence. DDSN has worked with GMW for twenty years, providing digital strategy, usability consulting, website design and construction, content management, and hosting services.
Built atop the cm3 Acora CMS content management platform, the GMW website provides a diverse range of information and communications services.
- Critical reports for water allocations, storage levels, rainfall, and algae alerts for the farming industry
- Online and downloadable water forms and access to water trading tools
- Daily water level reports for the entire region
- Media releases and press information
- E-newsletters, email alerts, and online subscription management
- A detailed library of information about the Goulburn Murray region and the water storages under management
- A series of microsites for industry-specific communications and tourism needs
User Tested Information Architecture
Of particular interest, the structure of the G-MW website was derived from input from real customers through a series of enquiry analysis, card sorting sessions, and taxonomy testing workshops. These components of the user centred design process assure that the website navigation system uses language that is understood by its audience, and brings the content and services that are most in demand to the forefront of the site.
Several authors contribute to the GMW website, all being managed by a central publishing team who oversees quality standards.
Other GMW Websites and Apps
- The contractor documents management portal (portal.g-mwater.com.au) is an important resource for a wide range of companies who work with GMW on water infrastructure and development projects.
- The Lake Hume and Lake Mulwala websites service recreational use and land management strategies in their respective areas.
- The Northern Victoria Resource Manager website delivers critical and timely water allocations data to farming industry in the region.
- The GMW mobile app provides live water storage level updates, digital water trading capability, and GMW contact information.
- DDSN assists GMW with other secure extranet and intranet tools that make use of advanced e-communications modules provided by cm3 Acora CMS.
- Digital strategy
- Information architecture
- Visual and interaction design
- Custom web and mobile application development
- Systems integration
- Content management - cm3 Acora CMS
- Secure hosting
- Maintenance and support
- Several websites managed via a central digital platform
- A wide range of custom-built information feeds and data management tools
- Online forms for complex customer management needs
- Media Hub - A private area for engagement of the media with the GMW communications department
- Responsive design - Online now for GMW satellite sites, and coming soon for the main corporate web presence
- E-communications - Twitter, Facebook, and personalised email newsletter subscriptions